Strategic Plan 2019-24
PTANT supports the Department of Education in enhancing the capability of teachers and educational leaders to use data, evidence and evaluation to inform planning, best practice and continuous improvement in our schools to maximise student outcomes.
The Strategic Plan 2019-2024 supports the Department of Education’s Education NT Strategy 2018-2022 Quality Teaching for NT teachers to deliver quality teaching to students who are engaged in learning.
To advocate for and lead professional Northern Territory teaching associations to build capacity and improve educator quality.
1. Support member associations to improve the professional capability of educators as follows:
● Provide grants to member associations
● Organise a Festival of Teaching every alternate year
● Arrange a study tour every alternate year
● Facilitate professional learning opportunities and events.
2. Support the following agencies to meet all governance and legislative requirements:
● Member Associations
● Department of Business.
3. Advocate and collaborate with stakeholders, sponsors and other organisations with an interest in providing quality education services, such as the:
● Australian Professional Teachers Association (APTA)
● Teacher Registration Board (TRB)
● Department of Education (DoE)
● Non-Government Schools
● Northern Territory Government
● Higher education institutions
● Partnership organisations.
4. Actively advocate for and promote the work of PTANT and member associations, by:
● Building the capacity of the executive.
Lvl 11, Mitchell Centre. 55-59 Mitchell Street
Darwin NT 0801
Phone: 08 8944 9324
ABN: 463 302 816 41