Chinese Language Teachers' Association of Northern Territory
President: Bee Huang Khoo
Chinese Language Teachers’ Association of the Northern Territory Incorporated (CLTANT) was established in 2018 and is governed by the CLTANT Constitution. CLTANT is associated with Professional Teachers’ Association of Northern Territory (PTANT) and Chinese Language Teachers’ Federation of Australia (CLTFA). It is a not-for-profit organisation and is run voluntarily by committee members comprised of local teachers, or staff related to Mandarin language teaching.
This year we aim to organise 3 professional development sessions for teachers and an immersion day in school term 4 to promote Mandarin language teaching and learning. We are very proud that CLTANT have been successfully expanding our active memberships to 11 schools in Darwin and Alice Springs including both primary and secondary schools.
Membership dues will help support our operations and allow us to continue to bring high calibre educators to come and share their expertise and offer more services to us.
CLTANT members enjoy the following benefits:
▪ Free admittance to all professional learning workshops (non-members are charged a fee to attend)
▪ Accumulate hours for qualified workshops attended that go towards the members’ total professional development requirements.
▪ Right to nominate self or others to serve on CLTANT board and have the right to vote for board members.
▪ Network with other professionals in the education field.
▪ Receive updates about Association activities and community events related to Chinese language education.
Members are welcome to post relevant announcements.
▪Opportunities to apply for scholarships to attend local or interstate conferences, including the annual CLTFA conference.
- Remote teachers can apply for the $750 local conference grant
- All members can apply for the $1500 interstate conference grant
Regular membership is valid for one year (the membership cycle runs from 1st January to 31st December of the same year.)
Lvl 11, Mitchell Centre. 55-59 Mitchell Street
Darwin NT 0801
Phone: 08 8944 9324
ABN: 463 302 816 41