2018 Awards for Meritorious Contributions to the Teaching Profession in the Northern Territory
PROFESSIONAL TEACHERS’ ASSOCIATION OF THE NORTHERN TERRITORY
The Professional Teachers’ Association of the Northern Territory enhances the professionalism of teachers and the quality of education in the Northern Territory by linking with and supporting member associations, giving and gaining strength through involvement, cooperative effort and diversity of their individual contributions.
PTANT exists to serve the needs of and to represent and advocate for its members by providing:
- high-quality advice on developing and articulating policy around professional teaching matters
- support for broad-based and specific programs that result in renewed knowledge and skill for teachers and improved outcomes for students in the NT
- access to our existing and new relationships with other NT and national associations and professional teacher networks with similar goals
- a forum for professional teacher associations to exchange ideas about quality teaching and learning programs in schools
- access to funding to provide quality programs that will benefit teachers and students in the NT
- input into education policy, especially to do with the professional identity of NT teachers and the renewal of their knowledge and skills
- support for individual member associations
- active participation in the public debate on education matters.
PTANT provides this to members while affirming the importance of professional teachers’ associations, their expertise and their unique role in the Northern Territory education community.
These awards, which began in 2009, acknowledge the dedication and hard work of teachers in advocating and promoting professional collegiality, engagement, knowledge and practice.
They further acknowledge teachers leading teachers across a range of professional and educational contexts for the benefit of Territory students.
Lvl 11, Mitchell Centre. 55-59 Mitchell Street
Darwin NT 0801
Phone: 08 8944 9324
ABN: 463 302 816 41