Australian Literacy Educators Association Top End
The Australian Literacy Educators Association (ALEA) is a vibrant national professional network of dedicated literacy educators. ALEA Top End is the local Council for the Northern Territory. ALEA provides support and professional development through international, national, State and regional conferences, workshops and seminars, journals, position papers and other publications.
The Association also provides a major advocacy role in relation to significant literacy issues, allowing members to participate in local, state and national forums concerning literacy; respond to government; and participate in major policy initiatives.
What is the benefit of an ALEA Membership?
When you join ALEA you will have direct access to:
- Professional development for teachers at all levels, through activities organised by ALEA Local Councils around Australia
- The latest information on developments in language and learning through ALEA publications
- Invitations to attend State and National conferences each year, at discounted rates
- Opportunities to meet with educators, authors and illustrators
- Professional dialogue and sharing of expertise and best practice
- Three regular mailouts each year which include:
- Practical Literacy: the Early and Primary Years (PL)
- Literacy Learning: the Middle Years (LL)
- Comprehensive members receive both; basic members choose one
- ALEA Today newsletter and eNews
- Access to The Australian Journal of Language and Literacy (AJLL) online through the ALEA Members Centre
- Complimentary copies of ALEA's occasional publications and other special member offers and resources designed to help you in your profession
- Participation in a growing online community of people dedicated to literacy development and language learning.
On joining, you will have the opportunity to be connected to an ALEA Local Council in your area and invited to participate in local activities.
Lvl 11, Mitchell Centre. 55-59 Mitchell Street
Darwin NT 0801
Phone: 08 8944 9324
ABN: 463 302 816 41