Home Economics Institute of Australia NT Chapter
HEIA(NT) is the Northern Territory Division of the Home Economics Institute of Australia
The mission of the Institute is to enhance the professionalism and political legitimation of Australian home economists. HEIA represents the interests of home economists working in education, industry, community services, consumer affairs and family and household management.
The mission of the home economics profession in Australia is to educate, inform, and to act as an advocate to government, industry and the community for families and households, so that individuals can make informed choices in order to enhance their everyday living.
• HEIA provides national conferences. In addition, the territory division offers regular workshops, seminars and conferences to address local needs. Members at a reduced cost.
• A refereed journal brings the latest in research and what is happening in the field, and a monthly online national newsletter brings the latest news.
• Members online resources
• Representation on home economics matters to state and commonwealth governments, industry and to other non-government organisations.
• Inserts into the journal from industry, education, publishers and other resource developers.
• HEIA is one of the 35 member associations of the Australian Alliance of Associations in Education (AAAE). HEIA is a member of the International Federation for Home Economics, the only worldwide home economics organisation, recognised as a non-government organisation by the United Nations. Membership of IFHE is available through HEIA.
Lvl 11, Mitchell Centre. 55-59 Mitchell Street
Darwin NT 0801
Phone: 08 8944 9324
ABN: 463 302 816 41